Tennessee Shakespeare Company is proud to offer this weeklong in-depth exploration of one of Shakespeare's most rewarding plays. In a conservatory-style environment, you'll work with our professional actor/teachers to stage scenes, soliloquies, fights, songs, and dances from As You Like It, all culminating in a performance of our work in progress!
The Tennessee Arts Commission has generous funds available to help you bring Tennessee Shakespeare Company to your classroom, or bring your students to us! Click HERE to view Tennessee Arts Commision's Preferred Artist Roster page for TSC.
Some grants you can apply for and what they may be used to fund include:
- Student Ticket Subsidy Grant: Covers the cost of admission to our Student Matinees or Schools Tour, when the performance is combined with a Playshop or Residency;
- The Arts Appreciation Grant provides up to $1,000 for one-day interactive Playshops and In-School Residencies fewer than five days (including Artist fees, in-state travel and lodging, course materials, teacher training, and marketing expenses);
- The Arts Curriculum Grant provides up to $6,000 per year per school for Tennessee Shakespeare Company’s In-School Residency experiences five days or longer.
Click HERE to apply for Tennessee Arts Commission’s Student Ticket Subsidy Grant.
Click HERE for helpful guidelines on applying.
Click HERE to apply for Arts Appreciation and Arts Curriculum Grants.
Clikc HERE for helpful guidelines on applying.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!
Click HERE for Tennessee Arts Commission's Grant Writing Resources and Support.
You can also contact TSC's Development Manager, Stephen Huff at stephenhuff@TNShakespeare.org for further assistance. Tennessee Arts Commission also has staff available to assist you, and we are happy to put you in touch with them!
Save the date
Fifth Annual Valentine's Gala
February 14, 2014 at 6:00pm
GPAC/Duncan-Williams Performance Hall
Educational School Tours
Shakespeare's Greatest Hits Actors Jillian Barron & Marquis Archuleta with St. Francis of Assisi Students
SHAKESPEARE'S GREATEST HITS
Surprise your students with how much Shakespeare they already know and speak! Then watch their self-esteem soar. This engaging panoply of essential scenes, soliloquies, sonnets, and songs is a delightful primer to the words, phrases, and characters your students will love experiencing in context. Two courageous actors take on all the major roles. Your students take on the rest. A thrilling time is had by all!
Dates: September 2016 - June 2017
Venue: In YOUR School! Touring Tennessee, across the Mid-South, and throughout the Southeast.
The show runs 45-minutes, followed by a 10-minute actor talk back.
Performance Space: To play, we require approximately a 16’ wide by 15’ deep space for the performance. Stage lights and amplified sound unnecessary. Our actors will bring everything they require with them. No stage or elevation is required, so we can play in a variety of spaces. Though we do not require a stage or raised playing space, please ensure the chosen performance area has good visibility for your audience.
Material is suitable for all ages. Selected scenes include: Henry V, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, Twelfth Night, The Taming of the Shrew, The Sonnets, Henry VI, Part 1, Macbeth, Hamlet, and A Midsummer Night's Dream.
What students and teachers are saying about TSC's School Tours:
What an awesome experience. I got so much feedback from students and teachers that it was 'the highlight of the year.'
- Michele Sabatier, teacher, St. Joseph School, Greenville, MSMoving, authentic performances! The quality of the productions is unmatched in this area. My students will never claim Shakespeare is irrelevant again!!
- April Murphy, teacher, Collierville Connection Homeschool GroupI didn't have to find chaperones. I didn't have to order buses or lunches. It was the most convenient, perfect 'field trip' for the kids and me. TSC is gracious, pleasant and perfectly Shakespearean.
- Abby Cardwell, teacher, Snowden School
TSC's 2015-16 Mid-South Schools Tour: Lend Me Thy Sword!
Pictured: Heather Roberts and students from Campus School
For more information or to book your school,
please contact the TSC Education Department at
Education@TnShakespeare.org or (901) 759-0620
Reduced pricing is made possible in part by TSC's Barbara B. Apperson Angel Fund.
PLEASE NOTE: Titles and dates are subject to change.