Tennessee Shakespeare Company's actors returned from around the country to perform an exciting and original theatre piece with IRIS Orchestra's gifted musicians and conductor Michael Stern.
Directed and developed by TSC Artistic Director Dan McCleary, Themes From A Midsummer Night was a creative exploration of Shakespeare's play through the evocative, live music of Michael Gandolfi as conducted by Michael Stern.
"This is a tremendously challenging and inspiring collaboration that is not often attempted in the U.S.," said Dan McCleary, from rehearsal. "But Michael and I have a lot of fun together, and our actors and musicians are really game. Michael and the musicians will act, the actors will dance, and we'll explore the theatre and Shakespeare's dream world with delight and surprise."
TSC and IRIS shared the stage for the second half of the February 25 program. The first half of the evening featured Copland's suite from Appalachian Spring, as well as the Siegfried Idyll -- the musical gift Richard Wagner first presented to his wife at sunrise to celebrate the birth of their son.
- Broadway’s Most Charismatic Leading Man Aaron Lazar Will Headline 7th Annual Gala on April 8
- TSC Embraces the Miracles of the Season with All’s Well That Ends Well
- TSC Announces Four New Members to its Board of Directors
- TSC’s Eighth Season Continues with 400: The Shakespeare Feast
- Welcome to TSC’s Eighth Season