The Tennessee Arts Commission has generous funds available to help you bring Tennessee Shakespeare Company to your classroom, or bring your students to us! Click HERE to view Tennessee Arts Commision's Preferred Artist Roster page for TSC.
Some grants you can apply for and what they may be used to fund include:
- Student Ticket Subsidy Grant: Covers the cost of admission to our Student Matinees or Schools Tour, when the performance is combined with a Playshop or Residency;
- The Arts Appreciation Grant provides up to $1,000 for one-day interactive Playshops and In-School Residencies fewer than five days (including Artist fees, in-state travel and lodging, course materials, teacher training, and marketing expenses);
- The Arts Curriculum Grant provides up to $6,000 per year per school for Tennessee Shakespeare Company’s In-School Residency experiences five days or longer.
Click HERE to apply for Tennessee Arts Commission’s Student Ticket Subsidy Grant.
Click HERE for helpful guidelines on applying.
Click HERE to apply for Arts Appreciation and Arts Curriculum Grants.
Clikc HERE for helpful guidelines on applying.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!
Click HERE for Tennessee Arts Commission's Grant Writing Resources and Support.
You can also contact TSC's Development Manager, Harvey Kay at [email protected] for further assistance. Tennessee Arts Commission also has staff available to assist you, and we are happy to put you in touch with them!
Save the date
Fifth Annual Valentine's Gala
February 14, 2014 at 6:00pm
GPAC/Duncan-Williams Performance Hall
Revel Year-Round with TSC's
Season 7 School Tours!
Mid-South Schools Tour: Shakespeare Said It!
This engaging collection of scenes and speeches highights iconic words and phrases first penned by Shakespeare. Your students will delight at discovering how much of their everyday language originated in Shakespeare's plays. Two actors play with breath-taking dexterity through a whirlwind of scenes your students will be quoting for years to come!
TOURING SHELBY COUNTY: October 1, 2014 - May 1, 2015
TOURING THE MID-SOUTH: April 13-24, 2015
VENUE: In YOUR School! Touring Tennessee, across the Mid-South, and throughout the Southeast.
Recommended for intimate audience of up to 100, Shakespeare Said It! books for a flat rate of $550 ($450 if your school is located within Shelby County). For groups larger than 100, TSC recommends booking multiple shows. Multiple shows can be booked on the same day or on different days, whatever is most convenient. Teachers and chaperones are admitted FREE and do not count toward the 100 audience members. The show runs 45-minutes, followed by a 10-minute actor talk back.
Performance Space: This production requires a space AT LEAST 12' x 12' (or a 12' diameter). No stage or elevation is required, so we can play in a variety of spaces.
Material is suitable for all ages.
In conjunction with The Romeo and Juliet Project, TSC boldly revives Shakespeare’s rousing story of too-young lovers. Five young people end up dead in a story that begins as a comedy – how can the adults and children save the next generation? This intimate, small ensemble tour provides your students with an in-your-face encounter with Shakespeare’s iconic teenagers, highlighting the remarkable similarities between their situations and the lives of young people today.
DATES: February 1 – March 28, 2015
VENUE: In YOUR School! Touring the Greater Memphis Area
Recommended for intimate audience of up to 100, books for a flat rate of $650. For groups larger than 100, TSC recommends booking multiple shows. Teachers and chaperones are admitted FREE and do not count toward the 100 audience members. The show runs 90-minutes, followed by a 10-minute actor talk back.
Performance Space: This production requires a space AT LEAST 15' in diameter. No stage or elevation is required, so we can play in a variety of spaces.
Material is suitable for all ages.
What students and teachers are saying about TSC's School Tours:
What an awesome experience. I got so much feedback from students and teachers that it was 'the highlight of the year.'
- Michele Sabatier, teacher, St. Joseph School, Greenville, MSMoving, authentic performances! The quality of the productions is unmatched in this area. My students will never claim Shakespeare is irrelevant again!!
- April Murphy, teacher, Collierville Connection Homeschool GroupI didn't have to find chaperones. I didn't have to order buses or lunches. It was the most convenient, perfect 'field trip' for the kids and me. TSC is gracious, pleasant and perfectly Shakespearean.
- Abby Cardwell, teacher, Snowden School
TSC's 2013-14 Mid-South Schools Tour: Shake(s), Rattle, & Roll
Pictured: Cara McHugh and Slade Kyle
For more information or to book your school,
please contact Education Manager Slade Kyle at
[email protected] or (901) 759-0620
For Ticket Subsidy and State Funding, please visit: http://tac.roster.ercsystems.com/TSC
Reduced pricing is made possible in part by TSC's Barbara B. Apperson Angel Fund.
PLEASE NOTE: Titles and dates are subject to change.