Tennsee Shakespeare Company
Season 8 Student Matinees!
All Matinees begin at 10:30 a.m.
Each show runs approximately 2 hours, including a post-show actor talk back.
Student tickets are $10. Teachers and chaperones are admitted FREE.
DATE: December 11 & 15, 2015
VENUE: Dixon Gallery & Gardens/Winegardner Auditorium
4339 Park Avenue, Memphis, TN 38117
What students and teachers are saying about TSC's Student Matinees:
I don't believe there could be any performing arts company that could satisfy my love for the arts any better than the Tennessee Shakespeare Company.
- Caitlyn Knot, 11th Grade, Middle College High SchoolMy students were on the edge of their seats. I enjoyed watching them as much as I enjoyed watching the performers! It is imperative that students are given good first experiences with Shakespeare. So often they are turned off by having to simply read the plays, or they see less than stellar performances. My students were entranced, delighted, and asking for more.
- Ann Lane Neal, Director of Theatre Arts, St. Agnes AcademyMany of my students, who had expressed trepidation in understanding Shakespeare, were surprised to find that they not only understood but also enjoyed the play.
- Janelle Phipps, English Teacher, Harding AcademyI don't want my comments to seem hyperbolic—but my students and I feel that this was the richest literary experience we have ever had.
- Julia Goodwin, English Teacher, Bartlett HS
TSC's Romeo and Juliet Student Matinee Actor Talkback
For more information or to book your students,
please contact the TSC Education Department at
[email protected] or (901) 759-0620
For Ticket Subsidy and State Funding, please click here.
Reduced pricing is made possible in part by TSC's Barbara B. Apperson Angel Fund.
PLEASE NOTE: Titles, dates, times and locations are subject to change.
- Join Us for our Newest Southern Literary Salon: Ernest Hemingway in Key West
- Broadway’s Most Charismatic Leading Man Aaron Lazar Will Headline 7th Annual Gala on April 8
- TSC Embraces the Miracles of the Season with All’s Well That Ends Well
- TSC Announces Four New Members to its Board of Directors
- TSC’s Eighth Season Continues with 400: The Shakespeare Feast