The Music of the Night:
A Celebration in Song with Broadway's Longest-Running Phantom
Fifth Annual Valentine’s Gala
GPAC/Duncan-Williams Performance Hall
February 14, 2014 at 6:00 pm
Coming to the Gala? Here is what you need to know!
We are thrilled you are joining us this Friday, February 14 at 6:00 pm at Germantown Performing Arts Center, 1801 Exeter Road.
Your guest admission includes Howard McGillin's performance, dinner and dessert at our buffet, and access to the open bar. Dress is "Cocktail Comfortable." Phancy Photo booth will be joining us to provide you with complimentary souvenir photos.
Quick and Easy Check-In
Admission is via check-in table in the lobby. We will have your name when you arrive at check-in, and we will give you your seating assignment, bidder number, and name-tag.
At check-in you will have the opportunity to expedite the check-out process by signing up for Easy Pay. With this option you can swipe your credit card before the event to avoid check-out lines at the end of the Gala.
Fun and Unique Activities
This is TSC's major fundraiser for the year, benefitting our ambitious and acclaimed education program. Your presence at the Gala is our favorite Valentine's gift. But should you feel inspired, there are a variety of fun activities, affordable at every level, through which you can further your love to TSC:
• You may donate $25 for a drawing ticket (only 400 tickets available) for the chance to win a one-week stay for eight guests on exclusive Cumberland Island, located off the coast of Georgia. Stop by the drawing table, and Guillermo Jemmott (Benvolio in TSC's recent Romeo and Juliet) will help you to a glass of champagne;
• Visit Juliet (Rachel Brun) and Friar Lawrence (Jamie Mann) and take a chance on a Shakespeare Treasure Doll. There are ten Shakespeare Treasure Dolls to be sold on a first-come/first-served basis at prices ranging from $100 to $1,000. Each doll will bear a scroll that will reveal a secret prize package, guaranteed to exceed the fair market value of what you paid. You get to take the doll home, too!
• Go backstage and bid in the Silent Auction featuring 20 celebrity baskets, each with a different theme representing something beloved to our celebrity donors. Note: Many of our "celebrities" are your hosts. Our Board members are TSC's most shining stars;
• Raise your bid card high and often when we move into the theatre for our fast and furious, abbreviated Live Auction. Look for two restaurant Frenzies - our favorite restaurants have graciously donated 20 gift cards, and they can be yours for the value of the gift card if your bid card is raised first. A "Take Me Out!" frenzy follows suit with admissions available to many of Memphis' favorite performance venues. The other four items are TSC originals - you can only get them at TSC's Gala!
• Bring home Valentine's Flowers! All of the floral arrangements on the dining tables are for sale. Pick a favorite and make a bid!
Dont’s Miss Out:
6:00 pm Sumptuous Dinner Buffet, Open Bar, Silent Auction, Drawing Tickets,
Shakespeare Treasure Dolls, Phancy Photo Booth Souvenir Photos.
7:15 pm Silent Auction Closes.
7:30 pm Cumberland Island Drawing and Live Auction in the Theatre.
8:00 pm Howard McGillin’s Performance.
9:00 pm Delectable Dessert Buffet in the Lobby.
9:30 pm Check-Out: Please take a balloon home with you!
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Shine at 901-759-0620 or Stephanieshine@tnshakespeare.org
We encourage you to make plans for a timely arrival. This is one event where you will want to savor every minute!
This is a Valentine's Day Celebration for the ages! We are all so happy to be spending this memorable evening with you.
Actor Howard McGillin, Broadway’s longest-running Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera, headlines Tennessee Shakespeare Company’s Fifth Annual Valentine’s Gala on February 14, 2014, at Germantown Performing Arts Center.
Mr. McGillin’s hour-long show to benefit TSC’s Education Program will feature his Broadway songbook and stories from his fabled 30-year career.
Platinum, Gold, and Silver seating packages (with tiered benefits) for 10 guests are now available by calling TSC’s Development Office today at 901-759-0620.
Preferred seating is available in the order in which calls are received. Single tickets to the Gala will go on sale on for $175 per ticket. The cost of your ticket includes the show by Mr. McGillin, the lavish dinner buffet, dessert reception, and access to the open bars. You will be able to purchase these tickets on-line here.
The evening, which is expected to sell out, also includes a lavish buffet dinner, an exclusive opportunity to win a trip to Cumberland Island, Georgia, for only $25, TSC’s singular live auction, and a fun new silent auction of 30 Celebrity Wine & Spirits baskets.
Howard McGillin is a two-time Tony Award and Drama Desk Award nominee for originating the role of John Jasper in The Mystery of Edwin Drood and for his portrayal of Billy Crocker in the Broadway revival of Cole Porter’s Anything Goes. He starred in the award-winning West End revival of Mack & Mabel and sings on the cast album recording. He also received critical acclaim for his work as Molina in the Kander and Ebb musical Kiss of the Spider Woman , for originating a leading role in the world premiere of Stephen Sondheim's Bounce, for Kodaly in She Loves Me, Archibald Craven in The Secret Garden, and Captain Hook in the national tour of Peter Pan. Mr. McGillin has been featured in the Encores! production of the Ziegfeld Follies of 1936. He also has performed in many concerts in the United States and abroad, including Sondheim's Follies that was released on DVD.
Interested in learning more about Howard McGillin? Check out these wonderful clips below!
Choose from these Tiered Options of 10-seat Packages
PLATINUM TITLE SPONSOR ($5,000)
Name recognition on Poster;
Best seats in the house;
Invitation to private catered dinner party with the Guest Artist on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014
Plus all items listed with Gold Sponsorship, below.
GOLD SPONSOR ($2,500)
Name recognition on Invitation;
Preferential seating in theatre;
Complimentary Champagne and Dessert in the Green Room during post-show reception with Guest Artist. Complimentary photo opportunity with Guest Artist;
Receive an exclusive gift with option for autograph: wine chill/picnic bag
Plus all items listed with Silver Sponsorship, below.
SILVER SPONSOR ($1,500)
Lavish Dinner Buffet;
Name recognition in Playbill;
10 tickets to the event;
Preferential seating in theatre behind Gold Sponsors;
Access to open bar.
An Exciting Evening of Wine, Spirits, and Frenzy!
This year’s Gala will be SWIFTER than ever.
We will feature a condensed Silent Auction, featuring 30 celebrity gift baskets and other exclusive items, allowing you more time for perusal and bidding.
We will locate ten special Shakespeare Surprise Dolls within GPAC to be sold on a first-come/first-found basis at prices varying from $100 to $1,000, each bearing a scroll that will reveal a secret prize package and guaranteed to have a minimum fair market value of what is paid for the doll. You get to keep the doll, too!
Discover our new, one-night-only Drawing with a limited number of $25 tickets available: only 400 for our 500+ guests. The prize is an “Island Picnic Getaway,” which includes a one-week stay for up to 8 people on Cumberland Island, GA, the largest of the Georgia barrier islands.
We will present an abbreviated Live Auction, including some dream dates, Dan McCleary and his one-of-a-kind shaken Martinis, and a "Frenzy" to get your heart really pumping. Imagine gift certificates to your favorite restaurants auctioned off at full value to the first, raised bid card. Your arm has never moved so fast!