by Tennessee Williams
Gwen Edwards (Laura) and Christina
Wellford-Scott (Amanda) appear in
Tennessee Shakespeare Company's
production of THE GLASS
MENAGERIE by Tennessee
Williams. Photo copyright: TSC.
directed by Dan McCleary
May 23-June 3
DIXON GALLERY & GARDENS
OUTDOORS ON THE SOUTH LAWN
Originally written as a short story titled "Portrait of a Girl in Glass," this American Southern classic was later dramatized by Mississippi-born Tennessee Williams. Considered by many to be the most autobiographical of Williams' works, the play was conceived fuzzily and lovingly from memory. Almost as seen through scattered pieces of glass, this expressionist stagework under spring trees often reflects more the present than the past. Featuring Christina Wellford-Scott as Amanda.
Presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC. on behalf of the University of the South, Sewanee, Tenn.
Wed May 23 8:00p Preview
Thu May 24 8:00p Preview
Fri May 25 8:00p Opening
Sat May 26 4:00p
Sat May 26 8:00p
Thu May 31 8:00p
Fri Jun 1 8:00p
Sat Jun 2 8:00p
Sun Jun 3 8:00p Closing
- The Holidays Are Just Fabulous
- Thank you for making Richard III a record-breaking, "resounding success!"
- Hear Dan McCleary's interview about Richard III with WKNO's Darel Snodgrass.
- Richard III Is Resurrected at Germantown Performing Arts Center
- Tennessee Shakespeare Company Announces Seventh Season of Plays