Tuesday Literary Salons
Kate Chopin: Louisiana Lullaby
March 24, 2015
sponsored by Nancy and Dan Copp
TSC’s Southern Exposure Series features a fun-filled literary party from 6:00-8:00 pm, including writer-specific libations, light fare, live music, and 30 minutes of the words of one of the South’s influential writers in a private, luxurious Memphis home.
Pioneering author Kate Chopin is featured on March 24, 2015, in Louisiana Lullaby. Accompanied by the music of New Orleans and the bayous, the words from her prolific short story career in Louisiana in the late 19th Century set the mood for selections from her most explosively famous novel, The Awakening. Though considered a forerunner of the feminist movement in literature, her seminal work was not fully appreciated until well after her death.
Tickets are $55 for one Salon or $100 for both, and include the entertainment, open bar, and appetizers.
- The Holidays Are Just Fabulous
- Thank you for making Richard III a record-breaking, "resounding success!"
- Hear Dan McCleary's interview about Richard III with WKNO's Darel Snodgrass.
- Richard III Is Resurrected at Germantown Performing Arts Center
- Tennessee Shakespeare Company Announces Seventh Season of Plays