Meet the Groundlings
TSC Groundlings Volunteer Committees and Chairs
Admin., Postering, and Box Office Committee
Chair: Mary Donald
- Admin: Marketing, research, assisting with mailings, and maintaining professional contacts in the community and in the state.
- Box Office:Phone answering, in-officeand on-site ticket and merchandise sales.
- Help get the word out about TSC performances through distribution of advertising posters and postcards.
Chair: Terri Weaver
- Front-of-House and lobby area set-up, greeting and directing patrons,assisting disabled audience members, ushering for public performances or Student Matinees, communicating audience delays, placing "Reserved" signs on the latecomer seats closest to the door to prevent distraction of the audience, merchandisesales, and overseeing concession stand.
- TSC brings many artists in from around the country.The Host Committee helps with locating housing hosts for the actors, transporting actors to and from the airport upon arrival and departure, providing hospitality for actors, and sending ‘Thank You’ to house hosts after season close.
- (Pre-production) set construction, set painting, set and prop acquisition, costumes, hair & makeup, directed assistance in lighting, sound, stage hands, general assistance (taking notes, running errands).
- (Post-production) striking the set, packing and storing of set, props, and costumes, clean-up.
Special Events/Gala Committee
- Act in support of TSC’s Board of Director’s Special Events Coordinator,in the following areas:planning and staffing TSC’s monthly dinner events, company and opening night parties, annual gala, and finding new opportunities for public interaction with TSC.
- Connect TSC to college classes, clubs, and groups in support of Groundlings projects, special events, and ticket discounts.
- The Holidays Are Just Fabulous
- Thank you for making Richard III a record-breaking, "resounding success!"
- Hear Dan McCleary's interview about Richard III with WKNO's Darel Snodgrass.
- Richard III Is Resurrected at Germantown Performing Arts Center
- Tennessee Shakespeare Company Announces Seventh Season of Plays