Tennessee Shakespeare Company's actors returned from around the country to perform an exciting and original theatre piece with IRIS Orchestra's gifted musicians and conductor Michael Stern.
Directed and developed by TSC Artistic Director Dan McCleary, Themes From A Midsummer Night was a creative exploration of Shakespeare's play through the evocative, live music of Michael Gandolfi as conducted by Michael Stern.
"This is a tremendously challenging and inspiring collaboration that is not often attempted in the U.S.," said Dan McCleary, from rehearsal. "But Michael and I have a lot of fun together, and our actors and musicians are really game. Michael and the musicians will act, the actors will dance, and we'll explore the theatre and Shakespeare's dream world with delight and surprise."
TSC and IRIS shared the stage for the second half of the February 25 program. The first half of the evening featured Copland's suite from Appalachian Spring, as well as the Siegfried Idyll -- the musical gift Richard Wagner first presented to his wife at sunrise to celebrate the birth of their son.
- The Holidays Are Just Fabulous
- Thank you for making Richard III a record-breaking, "resounding success!"
- Hear Dan McCleary's interview about Richard III with WKNO's Darel Snodgrass.
- Richard III Is Resurrected at Germantown Performing Arts Center
- Tennessee Shakespeare Company Announces Seventh Season of Plays