Revel Year-Round with TSC's
Season 7 School Tours!
Mid-South Schools Tour: Shakespeare Said It!
This engaging collection of scenes and speeches highights iconic words and phrases first penned by Shakespeare. Your students will delight at discovering how much of their everyday language originated in Shakespeare's plays. Two actors play with breath-taking dexterity through a whirlwind of scenes your students will be quoting for years to come!
TOURING SHELBY COUNTY: October 1, 2014 - May 1, 2015
TOURING THE MID-SOUTH: November 3-7, 2014
February 23 - March 6, 2015
April 13-24, 2015
VENUE: In YOUR School! Touring Tennessee, across the Mid-South, and throughout the Southeast.
Recommended for intimate audience of up to 100, Shakespeare Said It! books for a flat rate of $550 ($450 if your school is located within Shelby County). For groups larger than 100, TSC recommends booking multiple shows. Multiple shows can be booked on the same day or on different days, whatever is most convenient. Teachers and chaperones are admitted FREE and do not count toward the 100 audience members. The show runs 45-minutes, followed by a 10-minute actor talk back.
Performance Space: This production requires a space AT LEAST 12' x 12' (or a 12' diameter). No stage or elevation is required, so we can play in a variety of spaces.
Material is suitable for all ages.
In conjunction with The Romeo and Juliet Project, TSC boldly revives Shakespeare’s rousing story of too-young lovers. Five young people end up dead in a story that begins as a comedy – how can the adults and children save the next generation? This intimate, small ensemble tour provides your students with an in-your-face encounter with Shakespeare’s iconic teenagers, highlighting the remarkable similarities between their situations and the lives of young people today.
DATES: February 1 – March 31, 2015
VENUE: In YOUR School! Touring the Greater Memphis Area
Recommended for intimate audience of up to 100, books for a flat rate of $650. For groups larger than 100, TSC recommends booking multiple shows. Teachers and chaperones are admitted FREE and do not count toward the 100 audience members. The show runs 90-minutes, followed by a 10-minute actor talk back.
Performance Space: This production requires a space AT LEAST 15' in diameter. No stage or elevation is required, so we can play in a variety of spaces.
Material is suitable for all ages.
What students and teachers are saying about TSC's School Tours:
What an awesome experience. I got so much feedback from students and teachers that it was 'the highlight of the year.'
- Michele Sabatier, teacher, St. Joseph School, Greenville, MSMoving, authentic performances! The quality of the productions is unmatched in this area. My students will never claim Shakespeare is irrelevant again!!
- April Murphy, teacher, Collierville Connection Homeschool GroupI didn't have to find chaperones. I didn't have to order buses or lunches. It was the most convenient, perfect 'field trip' for the kids and me. TSC is gracious, pleasant and perfectly Shakespearean.
- Abby Cardwell, teacher, Snowden School
TSC's 2013-14 Mid-South Schools Tour: Shake(s), Rattle, & Roll
Pictured: Cara McHugh and Slade Kyle
For more information or to book your school,
please contact Education Manager Slade Kyle at
[email protected] or (901) 759-0620
For Ticket Subsidy and State Funding, please visit: http://tac.roster.ercsystems.com/TSC
Reduced pricing is made possible in part by TSC's Barbara B. Apperson Angel Fund.
PLEASE NOTE: Titles and dates are subject to change.
We need your expertise, your volunteerism, your good ideas, and your financial generosity.
- The Holidays Are Just Fabulous
- Thank you for making Richard III a record-breaking, "resounding success!"
- Hear Dan McCleary's interview about Richard III with WKNO's Darel Snodgrass.
- Richard III Is Resurrected at Germantown Performing Arts Center
- Tennessee Shakespeare Company Announces Seventh Season of Plays