The Tennessee Arts Commission has generous funds available to help you bring Tennessee Shakespeare Company to your classroom, or bring your students to us! Click HERE to view Tennessee Arts Commision's Preferred Artist Roster page for TSC.
Some grants you can apply for and what they may be used to fund include:
- Student Ticket Subsidy Grant: Covers the cost of admission to our Student Matinees or Schools Tour, when the performance is combined with a Playshop or Residency;
- The Arts Appreciation Grant provides up to $1,000 for one-day interactive Playshops and In-School Residencies fewer than five days (including Artist fees, in-state travel and lodging, course materials, teacher training, and marketing expenses);
- The Arts Curriculum Grant provides up to $6,000 per year per school for Tennessee Shakespeare Company’s In-School Residency experiences five days or longer.
Click HERE to apply for Tennessee Arts Commission’s Student Ticket Subsidy Grant.
Click HERE for helpful guidelines on applying.
Click HERE to apply for Arts Appreciation and Arts Curriculum Grants.
Clikc HERE for helpful guidelines on applying.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!
Click HERE for Tennessee Arts Commission's Grant Writing Resources and Support.
Save the date
Fifth Annual Valentine's Gala
February 14, 2014 at 6:00pm
GPAC/Duncan-Williams Performance Hall
Bring your students
Unto the Breach with TSC's
Mid-South Schools Tour!
Shake(s), Rattle, & Roll
It's hip. It's cool. It's an adventure with the original SOUL MAN! Students will discover chart-topping, toe-tapping, feet-stomping, got-to-jump-out-of-your-seat-and-move-with-it SHAKESPEARE – direct from Memphis! Resident actors Slade Kyle and Cara McHugh play with breathtaking dexterity through a whirlwind of scenes and soliloquies sure to make students want to SHOUT!
DATES: September 30, 2013 – May 9, 2014
VENUE: In YOUR School! Touring Tennessee, across the Mid-South, and throughout the Southeast.
Recommended for intimate audience of up to 100, School Tours book for a flat rate of $450. For groups larger than 100, TSC recommends booking multiple shows. Mulitple shows can be booked on the same day or on different days, whatever is most convenient. Teachers and chaperones are admitted FREE and do not count toward the 100 audience members. The show runs 45-minutes, with a post-show actor talk back.
Please note: Travel costs may apply.
Performance Space: This production requires a space AT LEAST 12' x 12' (or a 12' diameter). No stage or elevation is required, so we can play in a variety of spaces.
Material is suitable for all ages.
What students and teachers are saying about TSC's School Tours:
What an awesome experience. I got so much feedback from students and teachers that it was 'the highlight of the year.'
- Michele Sabatier, teacher, St. Joseph School, Greenville, MSMoving, authentic performances! The quality of the productions is unmatched in this area. My students will never claim Shakespeare is irrelevant again!!
- April Murphy, teacher, Collierville Connection Homeschool GroupI didn't have to find chaperones. I didn't have to order buses or lunches. It was the most convenient, perfect 'field trip' for the kids and me. TSC is gracious, pleasant and perfectly Shakespearean.
- Abby Cardwell, teacher, Snowden School
TSC's Romeo and Juliet 2012 Schools Tour
Pictured (left to right): Wolfe Coleman, Michael Khanlarian, Slade Kyle, and Matthew Crewse
For more information or to book your school,
please contact Education Manager Slade Kyle at
For Ticket Subsidy and State Funding, please visit: http://tac.roster.ercsystems.com/TSC
Reduced pricing is made possible in part by TSC's Barbara B. Apperson Angel Fund.
PLEASE NOTE: Titles and dates are subject to change.
Release: By submitting this application, I hereby release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tennessee Shakespeare Company (TSC) and any official employee or volunteer of TSC against any and all claims resulting from participation in this program, with my knowledge that by participating in this activity I assume any risk of injury.
I hereby give permission to TSC to use and display any photographs taken of me, which may be forwarded to newspapers and other publications in which the photograph would be associated with TSC. I hereby give permission to receive any necessary medical treatment for injury or sickness, outpatient care, and/or in-hospital treatment.