Open Call for Applications to Tennessee Shakespeare Company's Salaried Journeyman Artist-Manager Program
Tennessee Shakespeare Company is now accepting letters of intent for its 2013-14 performance season in Germantown/Memphis, TN.
One male and one female artist-manager from the United States will be selected as resident journeymen.
Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Journeymen Artist-Managers spend 8 months in residence with TSC, where they will:
• Perform role(s) of consequence in mainstage productions;
• Develop, rehearse, and perform multi-state school touring programs;
• Learn how to teach in the classroom and then teach in-school residencies;
• Play instrumental roles in the planning and execution of a $100,000 Gala event featuring Broadway luminaries;
• Rotate through essential theatre-producing administrative departments, including Marketing and Development.
All duties will be performed under the supervision of Founder/Producing Artistic Director Dan McCleary and the General Manager.
Who should apply:
Rigorously trained Graduates of BA, BFA, and MFA programs who are ready to put their training to use. Candidates must have a strong desire to learn all elements of theatre administration, education/outreach, and classical theatre production. Successful candidates will have a valid driver's license and a private vehicle.
Dates of Residence:
September 3, 2013, through June 30, 2014.
Travel to and from Memphis, a private room in shared host housing, a salary of $320 per week, health insurance, and use of a Macbook laptop.
Please send letter of intent, picture and resume, and three references to [email protected] by May 30, 2013. Final round applicants will then be called to send in a taped audition, as well as conduct a phone interview.
E-mail [email protected]
For more information about TSC please visit our website www.tnshakespeare.org
- Join Us for our Newest Southern Literary Salon: Ernest Hemingway in Key West
- Broadway’s Most Charismatic Leading Man Aaron Lazar Will Headline 7th Annual Gala on April 8
- TSC Embraces the Miracles of the Season with All’s Well That Ends Well
- TSC Announces Four New Members to its Board of Directors
- TSC’s Eighth Season Continues with 400: The Shakespeare Feast